The Musical Arts Studio in Willoughby, Ohio provides beginning, intermediate and advanced private instruction for singers and violinists.
- Preschool Voice: Students learn to sing nursery rhymes Group Lessons TBA
- Elementary Voice: (age six to eleven years old) Basic Posture, Basic Scales, Basic diction, Folk songs, Disney songs, Elementary art songs Group Lessons TBA Junior Level (age 11 to 13): Basic posture, diction, scales, arpeggios, art songs, music from the Italian anthology
- Intermediate Voice: Basic posture, diction, scales, arpeggios, art songs, Italian Anthology, some opera arias
- Advanced Voice: Chromatic scales, trills, atonal vocalises, Italian Antholgy, art songs, atonal music, opera aria Popular Voice: Basic Posture, Diction, Vocalises suited to the individual, popular music Group Lessons TBA
- Remedial Studies: Students that do not pass the requirements for vocal study can take remedial piano. This does not apply for Popular Voice and Pre School Voice.
- Elementary Sight-Singing: Elementary sight-singing by pitch recognition in the key of C. Students are taught to clap elementary rhythms and to read the notes of the treble and base clef.
- Intermediate Sight-Singing: Students are taught to recognize pitches by interval and to sight-sing in all the keys. Syncopated and other more complex intervals are introduced.
- Advanced Sight-Singing: Students are taught to sight-sing at faster tempos, to modulate, and to sight-sing atonal patterns. Requirements for Vocal Study: All students must be able to play one octave major scales and triads on the piano. They should be able to identify all the notes of the bass and treble clef and recognize major, minor and diminished triads by ear.
- Violin Lessons: An individualized approach to violin based on Suzuki, Rolland, Alexander, and traditional method books such as those of Auer, Seitz, and Wohlfahrt. Emphasis is on musical sensitivity, good intonation, good posture, and relaxation of the left and right hand. Students are taught to play easily and with strong projection. The teacher realizes the abilities of all the students and the emphasis is on enjoyment. Special needs students are encouraged to study at their own pace.
- Remedial Piano: Students learn to play triads and major scales by poking them out on the piano.
- Touring Ensembles:
- The Farinacci Quartet: $625.00 for one to two hours.
- The Farinacci Trio: $475.00 for one to two hours
Bonnie Savage, Violin and Voice a free-lance violinist and soprano, she has performed in many professional and community orchestras in the greater Cleveland area and is the soloist at the First Church of Christ Scientist in Willoughby.
She has a BM from The College of Wooster and has done post-graduate work at Cleveland State University, Kent State University and The University of Freiburg in Freiburg, Germany.
Her violin teachers have included concertmasters of the former Ohio Chamber Orchestra, Rochester Symphony, Columbus Symphony and members of The Cleveland Orchestra. Some of her violin teachers studied with great teachers and performers such as Jehudi Menuhin, Efrem Zimbalist, Ivan Galamian, and Joseph Gingold. Her former voice teachers include members of the Metropolitan Opera and New York City Opera and three former presidents of The National Association of Teachers of Singing.
Bonnie has sung with Cleveland Opera chorus and has permormed opera in the schools. Her roles that she has performed include Despina in "Cosi Fan Tutte,"" Rita in Donizetti's "Rita," Bastienne in "Bastien and Bastienne" and Antonia in "Man of La Mancha." Some of Ms. Savage's students have gone of to pursue careers in opera, popular and classical music.
Musical Arts Studio
- Bonnie Savage
- 4306 River Street
- Willoughby, Ohio